Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Friday, January 12, 2007

UK installation shots ----- it's DONE!!!




Two shots from the installation on Thursday 1.11 @ the Tuska Center for Contemporary Art @ the University of Kentucky - it took over twelve hours and lots of help from a student worker (thank you Laura!!!) to install the 12 paintings. Next Friday is the opening from 5:00 - 7:30. I go in @ 2:30 to work with the gallery assistant to make sure the lighting is OK, my master's thesis "oral" with my committee is @ 3:30, and then I deal with the reception and then GO OUT TO DINNER AND POSSIBLY OUT AFTERWARDS! (Can you tell the part I'm truly excited about?)

The installation did go well, but I am burnt out! Tomorrow I receive work for the first CY Art Gallery exhibition of the semester and then to install that next week. I'm hopeful I can stand installing another show.

School starts next week. Here's hoping for a good Spring 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home