Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Monday, December 11, 2006

progress on stations of the cross.....




Howdy -

More photos from the Stations series. There's the siren and deer in progress, and the three (Dame, Death, Heart) from the Faculty exhibition. The deer is currently being varnished, and the siren is ready for her second coat of paint re: the line drawing. I vomited up an exhibition statement and my own statement for the upcoming exhibition - it's both a blessing and a curse to be writing about these paintings while in the throes of crunch time.

Otherwise, saw the ad for the show I'm included in with/ Miami Art Basel in both ArtForum and Art in America. Both to be put in the art promo portfolio - hoorah! Haven't heard back from that last show I applied for, and with the Stations paintings, have been (still) pretty lazy re: applying for exhibitions. My studio @ the farm is still pre-tay cold, so it's a good thing I'm working on the paintings in my office. Spent the weekend here, which makes for a hard Monday!

I'm spending too much time watching Lost (season 2) on DVD. It makes me anxious, yet I continue to watch it!

Looking forward to the four-five days in Cowtown (Columbus), Ohio over the break, and will get to see friends from ye ol art school days. Back to the future!

2 Comments:

Blogger Idun said...

How's the devil coming along? I like his "undies" - it looks like he's wearing 1960s James bond style swimwear. Oh, that modest one, the devil. I also like the mermaid - always a fave! Congrats again on the ads - it's nice to see your name in print even when the spelling is slightly off!

7:22 AM  
Blogger no one said...

Thanks!

The devil needs to be re-do, thus far (knocking on wood), the only one of the series that I'm going to have to do that. He is a shy fellow!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home