Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

beginning of the semester!




A photo of a ceramic piece by Yoko Sekino-Bove, an artist featured in the first show of the spring semester in the Claypool-Young Art Gallery. The exhibition, "Pattern and Decoration" (a reference, perhaps an obtuse one, to the heavily-decorative 1970s movement called Pattern & Decoration - Elizabeth Murray was a big artist in it). Yoko's stuff is terrific as well as all the other artists' works, which all utilize decorative and/or repetitious forms in their work. We're having a closing reception instead of an opening this time - the first opening recept of each spring semester has a low turn out, so we're trying something a wee bit different this time. Plus Yoko will be there.

Other than installing the next show, this is the first week of classes, which is always a hectic time for all. After this week, the show will be up, my master's "oral" will be done, and I'm hopeful that I can tackle the mtn of work on my desk. And start to plan the grand Europa trip with my dad, scheduled for July 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home