Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Procrastinating on workshop proposal

Ugh, laboring through a hefty workshop proposal and can't seem to get it together. There's self-mandated deadline of this afternoon (or evening!!!); I'm not going home until it's finished.

Prompted by a phone conversation with a friend, I did (during the summer) get the UK stipend check. Just in case anyone's wondering.

Also, got the good news today that an exhibition that I will be participating in will have an ad in ArtForum magazine since it's part of the Miami (FL) internationl art festival coming up. And my name is listed. Whoo hoo! Sarcasm aside, I am very pleased.

I'm trying to get my act more together with entering shows. I have one in the hopper and plan on sending out more this week (money crunch). After the two person show with the 12 paintings (Stations of the Cross), I'm going to try to show out proposals for one person shows, since I'm finally have a body of work that can fill up a decent amount of wall space. That's the plan, anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home