Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Big money, come on.......

So, just got back from L'Ville, and had a brief meeting with an art gallery manager associated with an arts/fine craft museum I'm currently showing in, and he took three of my Sexpot Icons (look @ the site @ www.jenniferareis.com to see only one - didn't get time to photo the 4 new ones) for a trial basis. I still have to go through the standard juring process in July, but they'll be up during the American Craft Council SE exhibition, which is what I wanted anywho.

Also while in L'Ville, went to Baer Fabric, which is the bestest fabric and notions store EVER so far as I'm concerned. The 2nd floor with the quilting fabric and dance trims was closed off because of a big seminar, but was able to get some more silk duponi and more thread. And made a contact I'm following up on re: the teaching artist gigs, because they do host lots of weekend workshops there and none in hand sewing/quilting/embellishment (or at least the non-trad type) so I might have a good chance. Or they just want to sell embroidery and sewing machines, and therefore they couldn't give a rat's ass about hand work. Six one way, half a dozen the other.

This week have to bust major butt to get exhibition and workshop proposals out. Faith Ringgold took up most of last week. But, she was a dynamite speaker and a delight to drive around. We had a hoot. It was a terrific experience for me, and reminded me of when I used to work in art museumland, and got to meet a fair amount of people.

Best go. Gotta nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home