Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

another image, exhi

In the throes of the most hectic part of the fall semester, but as soon as the faculty show is up (opening - Wednesday, 11/12, 6 - 8 pm) @ MSU, things will

s l o w d o w n!

Here's a new piece.......

Watch Out Sweetheart


That one and four others are in St. Louis, MO at the Craft Alliance for an exhibition (www.craftalliance.org).

I'll be in another exhibition @ WomanMade Gallery in Chicago, this time in a show called "And You Think That's Funny?", January - February 2009. I'm really going to use this as an opportunity to get out of town, as the last show I was in, I didn't see it.

There's two more workshops scheduled for the spring - both V-Day Postcard 4 - 5 hour workshops. One's at Byzantium (best bead store with sweetest staff on the PLANET), Saturday, Feb 7 (tentative), and on January 31 @ CoffeeTree Books as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from Mesa Art Center's Contemporary Craft exhibition . . . here's hoping!

Finally, I'm about to move my studio from the temp location to the more permanent one this weekend and next. And, realistically, this project will continue on into winter break as well. Since I've been hoarding (instead of organizing) beads and costume jewelry, it'll force me (that's what it will take) into getting my act together.

1 Comments:

Blogger MissPrime said...

slow down? how dull. ;) Thanks for a very fun night of banter and the like. I'll just imagine I'm currently drinking wine at my desk .. and that my comment is suave and dapper.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home