Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Lark Books Applique, etc --- prepared to be harassed by every little step of this piece!!!

So I've discovered (all b/c of my good friend Mary Nehring, an excellent Versailles KY textile art) the wonders of freezer paper - the applique design is sketched on the back and tonight with a bit of luck and all my ocd powers, I will attempt to cut it out and pin it down (this is why I love those Fiskars Mikro-Tip Scissors!).



Also - the Lexington Art League "Art Talk" went really, really well. They are doing so many exciting things with exhibitions, events, and programming. Got to meet some great people, had great conversation, and then ate at a new Indian place in town on Nicholasville Rd (near where New Circle and Nicholasville intersect) with Arturo, his friend Nicese (sp?) and Mary N. Wonderful night all 'round

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home