Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Exhibition update, or why networking + digitals images are da bomb

So, between my web site and networking and also the traditional methods of paying moolah and sending slides, will be in three shows this summer already, two @ museums (which is next big goal).

InSight @ the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
An embellished textile show @ the American Quilt Society Museum
The National Prize 2006 Exhibition, in Boston (har-vard square, darling)
(oops, actually four because I forgot about the CraftSummer @ Miami University of Ohio Faculty Show).

This week, have to get out a few exh prospecti, in between schlepping Faith Ringgold to and fro the airport. That's exciting - having her lecture - but part of me will be glad when it's over to have life somewhat back to normal.

Also, need to update web site re: workshop section because it looks like hell currently.

Last week sent out the second project grant proposal I've done as an artist. Written and received a fair amount as an arts administrator, but now trying on a different hat if you will, and trying to get the moolah as an artist, with some success. Here's hoping this one works out, because in my budget, I put in an Epson printer and digital camera, both of which I sorely need.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home