Bright & Shiny

A work in progress, dispatches from an isolated assemblage/textile artist who flirts with OCD. Read me rant and rave about my attempts to exhibit, teach, and administers all things arty farty.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Good news from the fine people @ Art St. Louis

This is the second time I've participated in Fiber Focus, an exhibition Art St. Louis sponsors in tandem with Innovations in Textiles, a city-wide event with exhibitions and workshops (visit: http://www.craftalliance.org/exhibits/it/IT7.htm for more information).

Well, there was the happy surprise of a Merit Award check in my PO Box yesterday (Quilting Category) for this piece.........



I've had this piece rejected from a few exhibition opps, so having it be "prize-winning" now is great, and also just goes to show you that one juror's rejection is another's prize winner!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I'm glad this piece got an award, I saw it on the Art St. Louis site and it caught my eye.

I'm in this show as well. By the way, I'm from Appalachia too (WV, but now Chicago).

Congratulations!

Marcy
www.thankyouforyoursubmission.com

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

astronomy requested havens arycor rolex manner gardiner mushy anothers locality argue
lolikneri havaqatsu

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home